Friday, April 01, 2005

lion

Hi, I'm back! Sorry things have been quiet around here, but I'm back on board now and I promise to try and post a link to a new inspiring web site everyday.

But first, I just have to share a photo from my trip, because well, it was inspiring! We were very fortunate to be able to spend 3 days at the absolutely amazing Kwandwe Private Game Reserve. On our very first drive we found a pride of lions finishing off a kudu (a large type of antelope). There were 7 in the pride - the lion, 2 lionesses and 4 cubs. The lion had had his fill and was sitting just away from the kudu on a small rise watching over his pride. The lionesses were cruising around watching their cubs and the cubs were trying to get the last few tasty morsels off the carcus - fighting just like kids for the best bits! We just sat quietly for ages and watched them all - we felt very blessed to be able to observe such majestic creatures.


lion
Originally uploaded by Mich M.

No comments: