Thursday, May 26, 2005

Biggest Morning Tea

Today in Australia it is the Cancer Council's Biggest Morning Tea. It's an event that gets group of people together to raise money for cancer research. We have just finished our morning tea, we raised $155 which I think is pretty good for such a small group of people.

I'm writing about this today because I think we all need to be inspired to do everything we can when it comes to finding better cancer treatments, and hopefully cancer cures. No-one is immune from cancer, in fact today it couldn't be any more obvious to me. A week before Christmas my Mum had a cancerous lump removed from her breast, and I'm not ashamed to say that I have never been so frightened in my life. Mum is my best friend and the thought of losing her makes my heart stop. Only last week it was revealed that Kylie Minogue has breast cancer. And not 5 minutes ago my boss got off the phone - her daughter rang her to tell her that her English teacher had died earlier today from a brain tumour.

I think those of us not fighting cancer ourselves also need to be very thankful for that fact - and to do as much as we can to help those who are. So, if you are in Australia today - DONATE! $1 can make a difference.

No comments: