Monday, May 02, 2005

Creativity Coach

Sorry things have been quiet round here for the past week - I wasn't well, then was snowed under when I got back to work. But I'm back now and keen to find inspiring information to share with you.

Eric Maisel is widely recognised as an expert in the field of releasing creativity and creativity coaching. There is some useful information on his site, plus information on purchasing his books. You can also sign up to a mailing list, but I find this is mainly a listing of his upcoming training, appearances, etc which isn't particularly useful to me as I'm on the other side of the world!

He also runs courses to train you to become a creativity coach. I think these courses look very interesting and even if you never used it to coach anyone else, I imagine it would be very useful for coaching yourself. You can also sign up to receive free coaching by becoming a guinea pig for the creativity coaches in training. This sounds like a really good deal - I keep planning to apply, but then I think about how much time I will need to spend on it each week - and I think better of it. I'm sure the first thing I would learn if I did do the course would be to stop procrastinating and to reorganise my time!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle ... I recently discovered your wonderful blog ... through Superhero Designs, I think, but not sure. Anyway, it took me a while to get around to reading all of your entries, but now that I have, I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed all the wonderful links and resources. I'll be a regular reader. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Ooops ... I forgot to mention that I have a friend who went through Eric's training to become a creativity coach, and she spoke very highly of it. I thought about signing up as a 'guinea pig' earlier this year, because I want to start a new creative venture creating jewelry, cards, and all sorts of inspiring gifts. I didn't feel like I was quite ready then to be in the program ... but now might be a much better time! Thanks for the reminder that this resources is out there.

Michelle said...

Maria,

thankyou for the lovely feedback. It's great to know I'm on the right track and that this is useful to people. I look forward to receiving your ongoing advice. Good luck with your venture - I would love to hear how you are progressing.

Regards

Michelle