Friday, May 20, 2005

Empowerment

My apologies for it being so quiet around here - as I mentioned my sister got married on the weekend, so last week was hectic and this week I have been trying to recover! It was a beautiful wedding, exactly suited to my sister and her husband - relaxed, beautiful, fun and full of the people we love.

I wanted to share with you a site I visit regularly for a bit of "girl power" - Empowerment4Women. It is an webzine with articles in the areas of style, attitude, support, spirit and respect. I regularly come across articles that get me thinking and assessing issues, ideas. The authors describe it as being "dedicated to bringing 3rd wave feminism to women and men of all ages and backgrounds. We're not about the shock factor—we're about the realism factor." Don't worry - there isn't any bra burning going on, just concise articles on matters relevant to the lives of women today. You must also check out the karma section and enter the competitions. On my first visit to the site I entered - and won!! I couldn't believe it, I hardly ever win anything. I won the most amazing pair of 'kickass' shoes you can imagine. They aren't the style of shoe I would have ever bought - but everytime I wear them I feel great!

No comments: